TAKE THE LEAD
It’s Time for Gender Parity in Leadership…and here’s why:
- fewer than 20% of top executives are women, across all industry sectors
- in the Fortune 500 C-Suite, fewer than 5% are women
- a group’s collective intelligence rises when it includes more women
- firms with more women in leadership experience 15% more profitability
As a Leadership Ambassador with Take The Lead, we can facilitate your efforts to identify and develop the female talent in your organization.
Take The Lead is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization with the ambitious intention of gender parity by 2025. As a Take The Lead Leadership Ambassador, we prepare, develop, inspire, and propel women to take their fair and equal share of leadership positions across all sectors.
As a specialist in communication and organizational development, we work with your whole team to understand the importance of gender parity in corporate success, and to create a robust plan to support women leaders. We can also provide customized facilitation of workshops, courses, keynotes, webinars, events or after-hour gatherings.
Here’s why Take The Lead works:
- It’s comprehensive.
- it cracks the code holding women back by transforming their relationship with power and intention.
- it’s collaborative with other programs.
- It teaches women how to change systems as well as how to succeed in the world as it is.
- It puts a stake in the ground to reach gender parity in leadership across all sectors by 2025, and counts up to progress.
- it focuses on solutions not problems.
By teaching women to succeed in their current corporate environment, change is created from within the organization. Study after study has shown that companies with greater parity in leadership positions are significantly more profitable. So many board rooms and executive suites are echo chambers with little diversity in viewpoint. In order to sustain innovation and growth, companies must embrace greater diversity and gender parity to serve the evolving needs of their clients and customers.
About Take The Lead:
Founded by Gloria Feldt, women’s rights activist, leadership expert, and bestselling author of No Excuses, 9 Ways Women Can Change How We Think About Power, and Amy Litzenberger, a former investment banker with extensive experience in strategic planning and funding of start-up and emerging growth companies, Take The Lead trains Leadership Ambassadors like me in the 9 Leadership Power Tools.
The 9 Leadership Power Tools
- Know your History – and create the future of your choice.
- Define Your Own Terms – First, Before Anyone Else Does.
- Use What You’ve Got.
- Embrace Controversy.
- Carpe the Chaos – for in chaos is opportunity.
- Wear the Shirt (of Your Convictions).
- Take Action; Create a Movement.
- Employ Every Medium.
- Tell Your Story.