In order to inspire and motivate people, people have to feel that you care about them.
Maya Angelou said this best:
“People will forget what you said,
people will forget what you did,
but people will never forget
how you made them feel.”
Here are seven tips to becoming a Fearless Leader who inspires and motives people:
1. Listening is one of the most important skills to develop. When you have focused listening, people will tell you what they need, want, and how to motivate them.
2. Developing questions that keep people engaged, feeling respected and valued for their input are essential to keeping talent and contributing to the organization’s goals.
3. Acknowledging and accepting that people have different styles will add to the diversity of solutions, leading to more success in the workplace.
4. Striving for the “We” to find the solutions, rather than judging, builds the team and trust in relationships.
5. Examining your own assumptions about individuals and your team will lead to dispelling myths about people, and will help in developing new options for advancing your success.
6. Setting specific expectations and deadlines is a must for any generation in the workplace.
7. Ask people where they see themselves heading within your company and then provide opportunities for growth and access to experiences that will help them get there.
There are many additional ways to become an inspiring and motivational leader and enhance your leadership talent. If you’d like to have a conversation about this or learn how I help people inspire and motivate others, contact me. If you want a complimentary 30-minute Be Fearless coaching session where you leave renewed, reenergized and inspired, be the first 10 people to contact.
©Francesca Burack 2018